This has to be one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen in my entire life.
HOW DID SOMEONE GET THIS ON CAMERA?
"And there’s the mount, nice transition into swinging under the feeder—LOOK AT THAT FORM BOB. FLAWLESS TECHNIQ—oh no, she lost grip she’s off! That’s going to cost her Bob; the judges aren’t going to like that, they aren’t going like that at all.”
I lost it on the judges commentary lol
Dong Hyun Kim vs. John Hathaway
Here are the specific items I recommend placing in your Altoids or similar sized tin:
- Ritter Mk5 CRKT Knife (comes with an Altoids size storage tin): Perhaps the most important item in your kit. This excellent little knife can be used for constructing a shelter, hunting, skinning, a ferro rod striker, and for self-defense.
- Nano LED Mini-Flashlight: A great little flashlight. LEDs provide more light and consume less power than traditional lights. Can also be used for signaling.
- Emergency Water Bag (1 Quart): Water is critical as you can only live three days without it. Yes, this item takes up a lot of room in your tin, but it provides an effective way to collect water from natural sources like lakes and streams.
- Water Purification Pills (4 ea): Each pill sterilizes 1 liter of water. Remember to wait the required amount of time for the bacteria to be killed.
- Compass, Button Size: Navigational aid for those who are directionally challenged and for those who are in bad weather and/or poor visibility.
- Matches, waterproof (6 ea): Fire is absolutely vital in a survival situation. It can keep you warm, cook your food, sterilize your drinking water, and can be used as another source for light at night. Having a fire is also good for morale and if you’re in a survival situation, that can be pretty important.
- Match Striker: Needed to light your matches.
- Cotton Tinder (3 ea): A great fire starting aid.
- Spark-Lite Firestarter (Orange): Another great source for starting fires. Can start 1,000 fires.
- Vargo Titanium Whistle: A durable signaling device to call for help.
- P-38/51 Can Opener: Can also be used as a small cutting tool, ferro rod striker, or flat-bladed screw driver.
- Tin Foil: Can be used in cooking, for signaling, for collecting water, or as a drinking cup.
- Duct Tape: A multipurpose gem and a MacGyver favorite. Duct tape can be used for repairs, restraining, affixing, and attaching. It’s use is limited only by your imagination.
- Fishing Kit: Small assortment of hooks and sinkers. You gotta eat and being able to fish may help with the boredom, too.
- Fishing Line, 20ft (bobbin): Can be used not only for fishing, but also for clothing repairs, and for stitching up deep cuts.
- Alcohol Wipes (1 ea): For cleaning wounds and as a fire starting aid.
- Band Aid (1 ea): For cuts, abrasions, and blisters.
- Butterfly sutures (1 ea): For closing up cuts and wounds.
- Needle: For digging out deep splinters and along with a little fishing line can be used to stitch up wounds and repair clothing.
- Benadryl (2 ea): Allergy season can be rough! Also great for allergic reactions to stings.
- Imodium AD (1 ea): For when you get a bad case of the runs from bad food or water.
- Aleve (2 ea): Pain Killer and Relaxer.
- Safety Pin: Perfect for securing items to your clothing, removing deep splinters, and for making temporary repairs to clothing.
- Ranger Band: Essentially a giant rubber band cut from an old bicycle inner-tube and used to secure the tin. Can be used as a small tourniquet or as part of a sling-shot.
More and more people are turning away from grocery stores and utility companies in favor of their own back yard. The idea of becoming self-sufficient is an alluring one, but exactly how much land would you need? Assuming a family of four, here are the land requirements to sustain yourself for one year. (via How Big A Backyard Do You Need To Live Off The Land? | Visual.ly)
Oh how I have awaited this moment.
im really mad at how accurate this is
A moment of silence for our fallen bearded brother who sacrificed himself for the sake of this disgustingly accurate illustration.
oh god damn it
He really needs to grow that beard back…
#CommonCore , how does it work? And what the hell are “hidden partners?”
What the fucking fuck?
Oh this is just the tip of the iceberg that is the junk education that Common Core is throwing at kids.
What the hell…..Math? How did they so efficiently destroy math?
This kind of made my day…